Razer Sabertooth (PC)

Thread: Razer Sabertooth (PC)

Thanks

Unhappy Razer Sabertooth (PC)

Hi

I bought a Razer Sabertooth controller from Scan recently and i am having problems with it. I have a Windows 8 PC and Windows 7 Laptop. When i plug the controller into my Windows 8 PC it does not do anything lights do not turn on, no drivers are installed nothing. However when i plug it into my QPAD MK 85 keyboard USB port it comes up with (Unknown USB device Port Reset Failed) this keyboard is connected to Windows 8 PC. When i try to use controller on the laptop nothing at all happens it just seems dead, no driver installation happens and no lights turn on when i plug it into USB 2.0 port.

Yestirday on 14/01/2013 i tried to connect the controller on my friends Xbox 360 and it works perfectly fine lights turn on and Razer logo comes up on the small screen. I also took the controller to my work and tested it on several different machines which all run Windows 7 and same thing nothing happens no lights turn on and no driver installation. I have tried to install Xbox 360 drivers from Microsoft on both my laptop and PC but that did not help.

I contacted Scan first with support query ticket but they did not reply still. I also contacted Razer support and they contacted me fast this is what they said.

''Thank you for contacting Razer Support. My name is ****** and I will be assisting you with your case involving the Razer Sabertooth.

As I understand it, your Razer Sabertooth does not turn on when plugged in to your computer. All you get is a unrecognized usb device error.

Please try the controller on another computer to see if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists on another computer please fill in the form below as it is likely that your controller is faulty. However, please check the cable connection is screwed on properly first to the controller.

We are sorry it sounds like your product may be in need of an exchange. If you are in the USA or Canada and you are outside the 30 day exchange window from your reseller, or if you purchased your product directly from the RazerStore on razerzone, please supply us with the information below and we will further assist you with your exchange. If you purchased your product from an authorized reseller outside of the USA and Canada, please contact your reseller in regards to your exchange. Authorized Razer resellers outside of the US and Canada will process a warranty claim for the entire duration of your limited warranty and will be the quickest way to obtain your replacement.

Before we process the replacement for you, we need to mention that for customers outside of the US and Canada, If you did not purchase the Razer product from our Razer Webstore, please try exchanging the product with the retailer / distributor directly. Retailers have been informed they should handle the customer RMA/Exchange process.

Shipping logistics are handled by the local distributors, so going to the retailer will be the quickest and easiest way to obtain an exchange. If for any reason the retailer / distributor is unable to assist you, please reply back to us with the name and contact information of the person you spoke with. This will enable us to quickly work with the authorized retailer / distributor to better assist you in this process.''

I do not understand how can the controller work perfectly fine on Xbox 360 right away when plugged in but it does not work on any of the Windows machines that i have tested the controller on.

Any help would be appreciated i am stuck and do not know what to do? Perhaps this controller is faulty with Windows and only works with Xbox 360. Also the controller does not show up on device manager or anywhere i else unless it's plugged into my QPAD MK 85 USB port but even then as i mentioned before it comes up with message USB device not recognized port reset failed.

Thanks
    eiksto,

I believe you are required to install the Windows Xbox 360 driver from Microsoft’s website, please on the below link and click on support then choose the driver for your Operating System.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...er-for-windows

Kind regards,

Thanks
    I already mentioned in my original post that i tried the Xbox 360 controller drivers which did not help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eiksto View Post
    I already mentioned in my original post that i tried the Xbox 360 controller drivers which did not help.
    Yes you did please accept my apologies.

Unfortunately I cannot offer an explanation as to why the pad will not detect when plugged into a PC, I have double checked with Razer and they have advised the pad should work with any Windows 7/8 PC. I could only suggest we raise a return so the item can be tested and replaced.

If you would like to proceed please submit a query via the Scan website and we will arrange this for you.

Kind regards,

Thanks
    Thanks for quick reply Mick, i would like to raise a return so you guys could test and see if it works for you on a PC or not and see if it has to be replaced. It's very strange why it does not work on a PC but works perfectly on Xbox 360.

Made a query now about the return going to wait for an answer now and thanks for the help Mick.
    Last edited by eiksto; 16-01-2013 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Hi

I just received the replacement controller and it works like a charm unlike the last one. Just plugged it in and lights go on straight away and works in game. Thanks scan for fast replacement and excellent service!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiksto For This Useful Post:

Adam@Scan (30-01-2013),Mick@Scan (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    I found this post on Google because I had the exact same problem. Already has the Microsoft Xbox 360 accessories installed and Razer Sabertooth had the same symptoms - plugged it in and it wouldn't install drivers, even when I tried using Windows Update. I solved my problem by clicking Start Menu, right-clicking Computer, select Manage, then selected Device Manager, then right-clicked on the unidentified device in Device Manager and clicked Update Driver Software then clicked to Search automatically. It found the right driver and controller started working straight away.

Just thought I'd share.